Monday, June 21, 2010

Cover Test

This is more in the way of a proof of concept than anything close to a finished cover, but I think it illustrates what I'm after well enough. The scene is a stylized version of something that happens in the book (not much of a spoiler since it's mentioned on the very first page), although the death ray in the book does not put on such a light show.


It's still way too plain, especially the background, and I really want it to have a sexy woman in there somewhere, but I think my basic approach is sound (that basic approach, in case your interested, is basically doing a photo montage in GIMP, then shifting to Corel Painter Essentials 4 to render it as a painting).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could put a gilr over by the death ray, like she's firing it. Kind of under the "D"