Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Kick-Ass

So I found this Youtube trailer (it's a Red Band trailer, which means adult content--the language is definitely NSFW), and my jaw dropped. It's for a movie called "Kick-Ass," and it's apparently based on a comic book by Mark Millar and John Romita, Jr. The trailer features a foul-mouthed teenager named Hit-Girl killing a bunch of bad guys in stylized, hyper-violent ways. Oh, and a brief appearance by Nicolas Cage in yet another comic book adaptation.

But what really got my attention was that the music they use in the trailer is the "Banana Splits Theme" by 80's L.A. punk band, The Dickies. I love The Dickies. I just wish somebody outside of L.A. had ever heard of them.

Oh, and apparently Hit-Girl isn't the real star of the movie. The official trailer is here.

No comments: