Monday, January 29, 2007

Heroes and More Heroes

Well, Heroes returned last week, and I was mostly happy, although I thought the bit where Hiro fulfilled the prophetic of him facing off against a dinosaur was a big rip-off. Total bait and switch. And Studio 60 came back, but meh. I found that, unlike Heroes, I didn't miss it while it was gone.

In the meantime, I've been playing City of Heroes every spare moment for about a month. I got my graphic and memory upgrades installed, and the game plays so much better, and looks so much better than it ever did. The big thing is, when I stopped playing last year, my main character was bogged down at level 38 and had been for a long time. He was out of missions until level 40, therefore had to either team up or street hunt for experience, and I'm not normally a team player. So things were going slowly.

Since I've come back, in a month of concentrated play (including this past weekend which I spent hours playing, because it was a double xp event), I've pushed him from 38 to 43, and the game is fun again. I thought about posting some screenshots of just how much better the game looks, but that was a lot of work, so I won't.

Got to get ready for work.

No comments: