Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Low Carb Madness

So I mentioned I've started working out again. Last time I was working out regularly, I did P90X, which was a killer: six workouts a week, all between an hour and 90 minutes long. But I didn't get the results I wanted, because I didn't change my diet.

This time, I'm not working out regularly, but I've changed my diet. I've started low-carbing. I've done it before and gotten decent results, although it was tough to stick with it, because I couldn't get enough variety in my vegetables. Everything started tasting pretty much the same, and I got really sick of salads. Plus, it was hard to eat out, because nobody offered low-carb alternative meals.

It's easier this time. I've got a better idea of what works for me and what doesn't. I've bought some salad-style vegetables, but also quite a bit of kimchi and other Asian pickled vegetables. My family doesn't like the smell, but I love the taste. And I'm eating low-carb meals at the different fast food places I eat at for lunch. It gets on my nerves, because the low-carb alternatives cost one to two dollars more on average. But at the same time, I'm not as hungry, so I'm saving on snacks. So I guess it's a wash on that score.

No comments: