Friday, May 26, 2006

Barring Disaster, I Finish Tomorrow

I set myself two goals when I gave myself the big challenge last month: to write at least 80,000 words, and to finish the story. Tomorrow, I should achieve both of those goals. I'm within 1,000 words of my numerical target, although I may be as many as 5,000 away from actually finishing the story (my guess is closer to 3,000). Either way, I'm close enough and motivated enough that by this time tomorrow, I should have typed "The End" to a novel draft for only the second time in my life (I don't count the other manuscript that I tacked a quickie ending on, because I wrote it longhand and never finished transcribing it into the computer).

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
79,000 / 80,000
(92.5%)

You'll know if I do it.

No comments: