Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas Eve

I'll get to the Japanese cartoon eventually, I promise (I can see you nodding and saying, "It's cool, dude, really, take all the time you want getting back to that one"), but I realize that it's Christmas Eve, so perhaps I should write something seasony.

Actually, for me, Christmas Eve for me is not Christmas Eve, but my wife's birthday. This has not been a problem, because the ground rule was set from the beginning (by my wife, and more importantly, my wife's mother) that Wife's Birthday and Christmas were Entirely Separate Events and never the twain should meet. The only real problem is that, instead of smacking myself in the forehead twice a year and saying, "Oh crap, now I've got to come up with a gift idea," I smack myself in the forehead really hard once a year and say, "Oh crap, now I've got to come up with TWO gift ideas." I'm not sure in the long run which is worse for my forehead, and as far as I know, no one in academia has attempted a study yet (not even in California).

I'll probably rant about gifts tomorrow. I guess "Technopolice" will have to wait.

No comments: